Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Some Illustrations

Earlier this week, I wrote about digging up some old journals.  This was my primary journal from right after Nori was born and for half of last school year.  Memory astounds me the way some of these entries seem like they happened a few weeks ago and some seem years distant.  And I love the way sometimes I read my thoughts and feel so much less wise than I did then.  In other entries, I see some of my internal struggles that feel so far away now because I figured out my way around them. I'm so grateful that I write. 

And draw.  I have to look out for more journals like that one that had a combination of lined and unlined pages.  I felt so much more free to be creative.  Here are some illustrated pages I liked:


A reflection on how mentors work (ideally):


Today Chris and I were in an elevator.  He said he wouldn't want to go into the inside of my head because it'd be overwhelming.  A few hours later, I find this drawing in my journal.  Kinda funny.


Wait, don't tell me you are not intimately familiar with cenotes!?  That's okay.  I only knew what they were because of a Nat Geo feature (National Geographic and I are tight.  We have nicknames for each other.  Nat Geo calls me Candy Ass.  We get along well.)

Here's what real ones look like:

 

   

No comments:

Post a Comment