Thursday, December 25, 2014

Ewe Log


I make the lamb cake each Easter.  No one else in the family does it anymore, which motivates me.   And dad still insists on buying a lamb cake from a bakery each Easter.  And I bring mine to his house and they face off.  I like to think mine wins.

So last Easter, we were joking about what else I could use the lamb mold for.  And thus, today's Christmas pun was born.  Who needs a yule log when you can have a ewe log.

It began as a lamb.  I'm still going strong with my record of zero lamb ears lost-- and zero toothpicks used for stabilizers, because we keep it real.  This lamb did stick a little on the body, but it was still structurally sound. 



But I made some fudge two days ago and shaved it with a veggie peeler to make strips of bark.  then I frosted the lamb to look as log-like as possible.  The ends even had the tree rings in the frosting.  And there you have it.  Lamb cake to ewe log.   Then we trucked over to my brothers to feed it to everyone. 


This has been an odd Christmas.  But hey, puns.  And cake.  So there's always that.


No comments:

Post a Comment