Monday, December 15, 2014

Beast mode

I gotta take a moment to celebrate myself and sing myself so pardon me in advance.

But dude some days I rock!  I pulled off what will be an incredible sneak and wrote some good riddles. I took care of people's emotional needs and logistical needs in a lot of ways today.  I wrote a pretty good rubric and self-evaluation guide. I taught nearly two full extra periods for no dollars just because reasons.  I came home and made five dozen Christmas cookies and five cookies shaped like snakes with stars for eyes, and now I'm gonna go mulch my perennials.  And I had a vague creative idea that won't win a damn thing but it's an idea I believe in and want to keep up long after Christmas.  I hope it is still good as the details flesh out.

Fueled by love (and one cup of coffee.  But maybe we'll make that two). This is how it's done!  And tonight I look forward to grading but probably quitting early on that so I can continue studying a very good, consoling book.  Beat that! 

Oh man, and seven hours later the day is still great.  We got the swing up on the porch and out of the weather, then Nora and I spent a good time out on the swing singing and cheering at, get this, looking out the "window," as Nori called it.  She essentially meant looking over the railing and it was worth cheering about.  So we turned on the magical porch lights lights, watched the dark start to creep in.  The air was electric today.  And alive.

And mulching awakened that obsessive gardener in me.  I have to write more about this later.  Too many electric sparks in my brain bzzzeet! bzzzeeeet!  bzzzzaow!

Then Jonah was full of funny lines today at dinner.

"Are we herbivores or omnivores?"
"Omnivores."
"YES! I'm a DINOSAUR!"

And so on.  Then we went to his Christmas pageant, which was pretty dang cute.  He was a lamb.  Jonah looks like a cool, confident kid when he's in the context of a bunch of three and four year olds.  He's so self-possessed.  And Nora was owning the audience.  

And I got bedding, so you know, the excitement of linens.  Aw yeah.

And then errands and phone calls and music and yoga in the livingroom, and it's near midnight and I'm still ON FIRE to write and do and open windows and and and.  I don't know what to wear tomorrow, so I probably should just stay awake.  

And my awesome door idea is probably not going to happen after all because I don't have any glue-gun ammo left and I'm not thinking I'm going to prioritize going to the store for that tomorrow.  But it's a cool idea and it involved, in part, gutting a CD player.  Maybe next year.  Ack.

Okayokayokayokayokayokayokay.

(EDIT:  The rubric was not as good as I had hoped; a borrowed glue gun allowed me to create some version of my original plan.  I will save the part that involved a gutted CD player for next year.)

No comments:

Post a Comment