Monday, June 2, 2014

New places

I've been looking for a place to call my new yoga home.  A place where I can do some more growing, because that's what it's all about isn't it?   On Saturday, I went to Alicia's class at Evolution Yoga and it was lovely.  The space lets me look outside, which is exactly where I want to be when I'm doing yoga because I feel so much more connected to everything that matters.  When Alicia said "...because what you believe, you create" a lump leapt right into my throat.  Memories and emotions flying at my heart all at once and the realization that we've all learned so much from each other at Nishkama and that, like all good teachers, schools, classes, the lessons we've learned stay with us.  So that was beautiful.

Today, I tried something else new at Evolution.  I tied some knots and hung from 'em like so:
RopesFamily.jpg

The whole situation was ripe for picking metaphors:  Supported by the knots I tied myself, flying, turning my favorite yoga pose upside down, etc.  But in that moment, I just felt joy and loved being near an open window with a potted plant gently shedding its spent blossoms on me as I hung like a monkey (or a piece of juicy jungle fruit?).  Spinal traction aside, I feel just all around good.  It appears that I'm embarking on a nice journey at Evolution.  I'm excited to grow more.  Oh, and holy cow that assist I got today made my spine rotate further than I thought was humanly possible.  My goodness!

Look for a garden post coming soon.  Chard!




No comments:

Post a Comment