Friday, August 21, 2015

Daniel!

Two parts of today's readings are singing to my heart right now:

First, when Kaitlin writes "so He would exalt them at the proper time," that's convicting for me because there's a part of me that wants to be the one to decide when then proper time is (usually NOW, heh).  I have to remind myself that the healing, peace, wisdom, or deliverance I pray for WILL come and only God knows when the time is right for that.  I have to remember that probably nine times out of ten, the reason the time isn't right is because of me.  Chances are that my heart isn't yet open enough, my mind not yet receptive enough to take it what he has for me.  And when it is, His promise of grace and peace will be fulfilled.

Dog metaphors are often lost on me, but the images of a closet door left cracked open, a hand that feeds and love...wow!  I feel that from God.  And I need to cling to that idea that He's always going to leave a door open for me.  His hand is always there to feed and love me (what I need, not the chocolate that I want but will make me sick).  There are some times when I give in to feeling unworthy or like I deserve the hard times I'm facing, but I need to remember that God's foremost goal for me is my oneness with Him, which brings with it surpassing peace and joy.  So instead of worrying about what I want or what I think I need, what I really should be doing is keeping my eyes trained only on him.  Obedience, closeness, and most of all, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment