Sunday, May 24, 2015

Clinging


I've been hurting a lot lately, but trying to look for and savor the moments of joy amidst the pain, uncertainty, frustration. In between all of the fighting and the tears and just general awfulness, I've been turning to scripture and prayer and reflection. I only wish I had more opportunities to do so without a million interruptions. It's like I can't be with a thought or a verse long enough to let it speak to my heart before someone is complaining about something I've done wrong, asking for something, needing me, etc. And I really don't know what to do or how to carve out peace for myself in this. I was hoping to blog about all these thoughts I've been having about truth, the Holy Spirit, light in our hearts, and all this important stuff but I can't sort out the ideas. I need a loving audience to process with and I don't feel I have that. I need to write and talk and process in safety.

Anyway, tonight:

Psalms 22:14
I am poured out like water, And all my bones are out of joint; My heart is like wax; It is melted within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment