Friday, July 3, 2015

First Walk of Spring

(Here's another post I wrote back in February or March-- once I opened the draft, the date changed to today so I don't remember what the original date was)  Anyway, I don't know why I never published it.  Flashback!!

Hi.  This is me. 


A tree fell right on top of our favorite spot to build fairy houses, which is cool because now there will probably be a ton of good pieces of bark to use for siding and shingles!
Gorgeous rivers in the wrong and perfect places.


 I felt like garbage with nausea and fatigue all day, but then I walked and played with the kids, took an I'm-gonna-hurl break, cooked, took another break to lie still for a half hour or so, finished up the pies, and the nausea is almost tolerable right now.  Almost.  I am proud of my sick self because I made pizza, a breakfast bake thing, Hungarian noodles (but I pretended I remembered the recipe instead of looking it up.  Turned out decent), and two pies.  Except the Crisco either got hot or cold at some point and the crusts came together weirdly.  We'll see if they past the taste test in a few minutes here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment