Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Baby brains

It's amazing to see how my daughter's brain is developing.

She thinks about conditions that may exist in the future. For example, last week at bedtime she asked me, "Will Mister Major miss me?"
And I said, "I don't know honey. I think so."
And then she asked, "Will Danielle miss me?"
"Yeah, I think so."
Then she asked again, "And... but will Mister Major miss me?"

 It's amazing how perceptive she is-- that at some point she must have picked up on the fact that both of those people are changing jobs and becoming more distant from our family life.

And then today at naps, she's having her bottle and ran over to me and said, "Baby Moe needs a beautiful bottle too."  We talked about that for a little bit and agreed that she would get to pick one out for him.   Then, a few minutes later, she said that we have to get him a soft blanket, too.

She's like a little adult the way she has to ponder the future and her little worries before she can rest and sleep.  I can't believe she's just two years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment