Saturday, February 21, 2015

Mornings

My favorite time of day with three of my favorite people.
Good
Morning




And then salvia and echinacea (at least two colors, I mean, it's only right), and agastache at long last.  Replacing some of the echinacea and coreopsis that perished in last winter's cold.  I'm wondering what will die out this year.  Oh and I have to move the red achillea but I think I know where it belongs now (with the ox eye daisies, in case you were wondering).  The side garden, I've decided, ought to be devoted to attracting butterflies and hummingbirds since that's the garden we'll see the most and walk the most and spend so much time chalking nearby.  And anyone who visits will walk past it too.  

Man.  

Oh, and I had another dream about leeks last night.  Which makes two this week.  Which means all the dreams I remember were about leeks.  Chris pointed out that they may be a phallic dream symbol (I keep finding myself surprised at the quality of the leeks and the availability of them.  Once in a grocery store and once in my own garden.  Unexpected leeks.  Wonderful leeks).  I'm not sure if I buy that, but they are rather phallic, aren't they?  I thought it just meant garden time was coming up.

Gaaaaaarden.  Snoooooooowing out.  


Update:  according to the interwebs, leeks in dreams can mean victory or protection.  There were some Islamic interpretations that had to do with making bad investments for the sake of a new job or money seeking venture.  And finally, in some Asian interpretations:
 To see leek in bazaar or grocery in your dream signifies that you will get rid of a bad thing and keep yourself and people you love out of this trouble.



No comments:

Post a Comment