Saturday, November 1, 2014

Dreams

My dreams last night, like my thoughts so far today, were constantly interrupted by the people in this house.  So they came in images:

I pored over a map to study isobars up close.
That was one whole dream.


Next, in a patch of grass,
beside the staff parking lot,
joined by Nora,
and, a short distance away,
a small group of female acquaintances,
I sat in the sun and found a four leaf clover.
It was not a perfect one,
two leaves over-large and two were just right,
but it was the one I had been looking for
to settle the four leaf clover drought that's lasted
most of the summer.
I looked up at the sun glinting off the building.
I tried to photograph it to share what happened
but kept getting interrupted.
Two students walked over and asked to see it.
"It's not real" they said.
I held it up for them like an offering.
"Wow, it is real," they said.  "How'd you do that?"

Then the cat and the kids and the noise woke up me.

But oh, symbolism!  You are quite the delicious torment.

No comments:

Post a Comment