Saturday, November 29, 2014

Brilliant Finds

In one of my dumpster picking adventures, a year or two ago, my brothers and I found a milk crate full of old records.  We were in our church clothes, picking through these musty records in a light rain and I came home with an armload of polkas and other good stuff.  Among them was this:  

Yeah, with the single of "I Want to Hold Your Hand."  But looks were deceiving because this record sleeve didn't have the 1962-1966 compilation in it.  Oh no.  It had MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR!!!  Which is the first Beatles album I ever bought (well, I went in half and half with Jack) and probably my very favorite.  The single is warped and not playable, but it looks cool.  I could probably come up with something to make out of it.  Someday.  Or not. 

Anyway, that was a great surprise.  

AND the Johnny Cash album I pulled out of the same milk crate was in really great condition!  I do so like good surprises.  My life's been full of 'em.  

Ah rich vinyl sound!  Oh damn.  Oh damn. Oh damn.  It's weird but the sound of records playin on a proper stereo like this makes me feel some type of way.

No comments:

Post a Comment