Friday, April 10, 2015

Walking, Sailing

Having a good raincoat is right up there with birthing humans, and making people fall down when they're ice skating using only my mind in terms of making me feel like I have some kind of super powers.

I think that part of me is in a nineteenth century sea captain's daughter.

I love the wind in my hair and rain (or sea spray) on my face. I feel really in tune with the sky, the wind. I keep my hair short or in a scarf so it is out of the way. I like ropes and I like tying knots. I like the hopefulness of bird song in the wildness of the sea. 

As I walked through the woods this morning, the moaning creak of trees debating whether to give into the wind felt like the creaking timbers of my father's ship

And check out this little guy:

No comments:

Post a Comment