Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Little pleasures

A rough past four or five weeks are blessings in some ways because,  in a need to stay afloat, I refocus on the many small beauties in every corner.  Looking at the beauty doesn't fix the big problems,  but it helps me calm down and be where I am.  And where I am is full of wonder, which is in every moment, floating above the worry,  the heartache,  the ummoored sense of being lost that chip away at my foundations.  Above it all is beauty.  I don't know if this is true,  but I think the more we look at the beauty, the deeper is roots go until eventually it penetrates even the depths of those negative feelings. I hope so anyway. 

These are the spike cream cones my kids and I made after school.  Truly sculptural. 
Flowers at a friend's home.  Garlic and mint. I love seeing artistic potential in the ordinary through other people's eyes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment